Monday, May 16, 2011

Whew! Busy Week

We started the week celebrating Ainslee and Kaitlyn's 9th (can you believe it?) birthday! They love Taylor Swift and so they wanted a Taylor Swift guitar cake (her name is signed at the bottom). They also wanted to help decorate it so, while it was a little hard to not have it be "perfect" they did a lot of it and they loved it. Since it is late and I am ready for bed here are my favorite things about Ainslee and Kaitlyn:
They have beautiful smiles...I especially love Kaitlyn's dimples. They are very nice sisters. They love their dad and are always so happy to see him when he gets home and give him lots of love. They are great helpers. They are smart and are doing very well in school. And just a few quick tidbits about them: Ainslee LOVES Harry Potter and talks about almost nothing else. Kaitlyn wants to be a Veterinarian when she grows up. Their favorite dinner is Hawiian haystacks. They are super cute! Love you girls!!






We had LOTS of this: Drew has been loving to be the catcher this year. He is doing a great job!




This is pretty much how Bronson goes through life:)




Thank goodness the girls are on the same team!!!











We squeezed in some of this: Don't you just love the band-aid on his forhead? It was to cover a non-bleeding scratch that couldn't be made better any other way.





We finished up the week with an event 3 years in the making: Michael graduated from Medical School! He is now MD Walker, MD (and DDS)! These are pictures of all of us right before he walked across the stage. Here at Penn they let the graduates take their children across the stage with them. Of course Michael was the only one with 5 kids! There were actually only 4-5 people with any kids (mostly one) but there was a mom who graduated who had 3 kids. Anyway, I couldn't be more proud of my amazing husband, who manages to keep it all together and get everything done. Way to go!






























7 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats Deanna and Mike on graduation! Awesome! And those kiddos are getting so big! Hugs to your sweet family!

Ryan and Sarah's Family said...

Congratdualtions, Mike and Deanna! So where do you guys go from there? I hope you get to move closer to all of your family so maybe I will get to see you more often! Best of Luck :)

allyson said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad for the graduation. I remember last year and it was so great...so do you have 2 more years there for the residency?

I am glad the girls/boys are loving baseball.
I can not believe the girls are 9. But then I can't believe Elizabeth is going to be 7 either.

allyson said...

Yeah for the graduation.

Kimberly said...

What an AWESOME cake! The girls look thrilled with it, and who could blame them?

I'm glad I get to sit and watch baseball with you at least once or twice a week. I have enjoyed watching the boys play and visiting with you at the same time!

Congratulations to Mike - and ALL of you! You are all great!

allyson said...

Hey, congrats on the graduation. It is so great to be at that and feel done.

Unknown said...

oh my word! what an accomplishment! you must be so incredibly proud. way to go!!! and I know he did all the studies, but who managed the kids and home? you deserve a big congratulations as well, Deanna.