Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zuchinni Marinara Sandwhich

Not the best picture but a really tastey way to use up some of your zuchinni. We are finally starting to see some benefits of planting a garden this year. Our tomatoes are finally getting ripe and we have had 4-5 zuchinnis to eat. I have been trying out some new recipes for zuchinni: lemon-blueberry zuchinni cake, parmesean zuchinni (which was very good but very fattening so I won't share it with you), and this yummy sandwhich. I have made it several times for my lunch, I just cut the ingredients down to make just one sandwhich.


Zuchinni Marinara Sandwhich

1 medium zuchinni, diced
2 mushrooms, chopped, optional
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2-3/4 cup marinara sauce
Cheese, provolone would be fantastic, but I used Mozarella
4 Crusty rolls or sandwhich buns


Spray frying pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add zuchinni and mushrooms when it is hot. Cook until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add marinara sauce and heat until warm. Meanwhile, put cheese on roll or bun and broil until golden and bubbly. Add zuchinni mixture and serve warm.

No comments: