I have changed focus just a little. My new hobby is discoving great tasting, low calorie food. I have come across several really good ones that I will share for the next couple weeks. This Pork and Black Bean Chili as a good one and the kids even liked it. It was a snap to prepare, we are talking less that 30 min.
Pork and Black Bean Chili
4-6 boneless pork loin chops
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa
Cooking spray
Green onions, chopped
Sour cream
Rub pepper into pork chops. Coat a large frying pan with cooking spray. Brown chops. Add beans and salsa. Cook until pork cooked through. Can serve by placing pork on top of beans or cut chops into bite sized pieces. Garnish with green onions and sour cream if desired. Makes 4-6 servings with 250 calories per serving (before the sour cream).
My Notes:
I used home cooked beans, substituting 4 cups of cooked black beans for the 2 cans. I forwent the sour cream and it was delicious.





1 comment:
Hi miss Deanna!! Just thought I would say Hey. It has been a while. Hope everything is going well for the family!
oh yeah- Isaac started his all day kindergarten and LOVES it. I have seen such a change already!! ;)
Post a Comment