Some of you might remember me posting a picture of this cake a while back. I said I would get the recipe posted but I have had a lot of others to get on here. So, finally, here are the recipes I used to make this yummy cake. I am kind of crazy in that I am really trying to rid our diets of processed foods...mind you processed, not unhealthy. It is apparent that we still eat a lot of junk! Anyway, I have been trying to find recipes to replace boxed meals, etc. Here is my favorite chocolate cake recipe with a raspberry mousse filling to go with it. In a few weeks, I'll get around to sharing the recipe I just found for a homemade cake mix that you can pop in the freezer to pull out when you need to make a cake. It turned out great! On to the chocolate!
Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat 2 minutes. Add boiling water, slowly. Batter will be very thin. Pour into greased pans and bake at 350 for 35-40 min. for a 9x13 or 30-35 for 9 in rounds.
Raspberry Mousse
1 (10 oz) package frozen raspberries, thawed
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoons boiling water
1 cup cold whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Drain raspberries and push through seive to remove seeds. Discard the seeds. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand 1 minute. Then add the boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is clear. In mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form. Pour in the gelatin and beat until stiff. Stir in the raspberries and refrigerate 20 minutes. Pour into chocolate cups, eat on graham crackers or use to fill the center of a layer cake.





1 comment:
YUM! Why do all your posts always make me want to abandon everything and bake, bake, bake?!!
Post a Comment