The past few weeks have been just crazy busy! Baseball has gotten started and we were smart enough to sign up to be the t-ball coordinators....which means putting all the teams together, making sure they have all the equipment they need, etc. On top of that we had our Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet and I was helping to throw a babyshower for our great primary president. Needless to say, my kitchen was one giant mess afterwards. Here is the cake I made for the baby shower. Thanks to the super cute blog design of Little Birdie Secrets, we planned our theme around the birdies and the phrase "hatching soon..." The shower turned out to be a huge success! The cake was a yummy chocolate cake with a raspberry mousse filling....divine. I'll be posting the recipe for the homemade chocolate cake and mousse soon. The games were fun and the company was even better.

Unfortunately, I got pictures of everyone there EXCEPT the mom to be! She is probably grateful though:) The game I was in charge of was one I had never seen before. I found it on a baby shower planning site. Each person drew a slip of paper with a pregnancy word or word related to babies and then had to match their word to the name of a candy bar. I had all the candy bars in the middle so each person got to take one home. They were things like: Obstetrician=butterfinger, Breastfeeding=milky way, Baby Bib=gobstoppers, etc. It was really fun. If any one wants the whole list (of about 20) e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

For the Blue and Gold Banquet, we did a silly supper in the Jungle Cafe. We had, dripping vines (spaghetti and sauce), Snake Eggs (meatballs), Tiger's teeth (fork), Hippo Hideout (Brownies/ice cream), Swamp Sludge (slush punch), Fallen log (garlic bread), etc. It was a LOT of work! But it ended up turning out really fun and everyone got full.


Now it is on to the next few projects and mostly just rushing around to lacrosse, soft ball, t-ball, and baseball every night for the next 2 months.
2 comments:
ooo,you're so talented! the cake looks awesome! totally wish you lived next door. I'm doing babyshower treat tomorrow..and let me tell you, they look nothing like yours. Why do I keep doing this to myself. I made cupcakes in an icecream cone. fool proof. ...maybe
That cake looks so cute! I totally want that list for that game.
Post a Comment