Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

If you don't have today's recipe, you should. I use it a lot when I have left over chicken. These are yummy, filling, and don't take tons of work. If you want a yummy dessert recipe for St. Patrick's Day next week check out this one on my recipe blog. We made it last night for FHE and I was reminded how much I like it. We cut the recipe in half and put it in a graham cracker pie crust.
Chicken Rolls

1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
4-5 green onions, sliced
2 stalks celery, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup softened butter
favorite roll recipe
1 cube butter, melted
bread crumbs or crushed cornflakes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
Enough milk to make gravy like consistency
Combine the first 6 ingredients in bowl and mix well. Cut roll dough into squares and place spoonful of filling in each. Wrap dough around filling until it is completely covered. Dip into melted butter and then into bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Heat cream soup and milk until hot. Serve rolls with gravy on top.
My notes:
You can also use the canned crescent rolls, which makes it faster. I always use the same roll recipe I use for the pizza bites. The canned rolls make it even better, but add a lot more fat and processed stuff. Also, you can make your own gravy, which is better, by making a roux with butter, flour, chicken broth. You can add in a little of the shredded chicken as well.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

i already know you're talking about pistachio cheesecake...but I'm going to go look to make sure...on to your other blog...