Monday, March 15, 2010

A little update

I am hopefully getting out of this crazy boot tomorrow! I really hope so because it slows me down too much. I do have to set the record straight and let you all know that we were very well taken care of by our friends. We had so many dinners brought in that Mike has decided that it is better than having a baby for several reasons: it is quicker to break your leg, it costs less to break your leg, it is a lot less work to break your leg, and people bring you way more food than when you have a baby. Seriously?! Really, though, we probably had 10 dinners brought in and several came on the same day. We actually had to invite people over for dinner to help us eat some of the food. Our Relief Society President has been absolutely wonderful....she has come and helped with dishes and getting Bronson to school. One friend came and took all the sheets off the beds and washed them and then even put them back on. She even helped Bronson clean his room. It really has been so nice to have such wonderful people around when family is so far away. Also, just for the record I thought I should record the whole story so when I forget it will be here to remind me. If you don't care about it or have already heard it one or four times, you can just skip this next part.

I was walking home from dropping Bronson off at school. I had picked Camden up to to across the road. All of a sudden it seemed I went crashing to the ground. Since I was carrying Camden, he went flying out of my arms and I could see his head go crashing onto the sidewalk. He immediately started screaming and it was hard for me to get to him. At this point, I just thought I had twisted my ankle but was finding it hard to get up. I was far enough away from the school that no one had seen me fall but was too far from home to get there by myself. I just sat there on the ground crying and holding Camden for 5-10 minutes. Of course I didn't have my cell phone so I couldn't call anyone. Finally, a police officer came around the corner and asked if I was alright. I told him no and he came to help us out. He looked over Camden and couldn't see any blood or major problems and he helped me get up. I took a few tentative steps to see if I could make it home but he quickly asked if I needed a ride home. Gratefully I accepted...although as I was getting into the car, I had to make sure I wasn't going to get a ticket for not having Camden in a seat....he just laughed and said no. He dropped me off outside the door but by the time I got into the house I was crying again because my ankle really hurt. I called Mike (he just happened to be working at the kids pediatricians office for his peds rotation) to see if they could check Camden out....I was really stressed about him hitting his head on the ground. My doctor's office is in the same building so when we got there, I made an appointment to see my doctor as well. Mike was able to drive home to get us and take us to the doctor. Camden ended up being fine and my doctor thought I should go for an x-ray. After all that, it was the end of my fibula that was broken. She sent me to a orthopedic person the next day and I got to wear the lovely boot. Luckily it was a simple break, along with a sprained ankle. I guess the only cool part is that I broke my first bone and I got my first ride in a police car all in the same day (Feb. 22,2010) There. It's official. The whole story.

No comments: