Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Today I am posting another snack recipe. I am always on the look out for a quick easy snack for the kids. This is one that they can help make. These really were very tasty. I also posted a recipe for Tuscan-Lentil Soup on my food blog. Mike and I thought it was very good and talk about a great powerhouse dinner....full of lentils and veggies. Our oldest ate it up and thought it was good...the others, not so much. Hope you have a great day!
Quick, Soft Pretzels

1/2 cup warm water
2 Tablespoons yeast
1 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour

Combine water and yeast until bubbly. Then add rest of ingredients. You want to incorporate as much of the flour as you can. Let dough rest 5 min. Divide into 10-12 balls. Roll into ropes and twist into pretzel shape. You can then use milk to paint over the top with pastry brush and then top with coarse salt or you can do an egg wash (1 egg white with 1 Tablespoon water). These are also yummy topped with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 for 15-18 min. on a lightly greased cookie sheet. These make a great snack or even a quick bread to go with dinner.

No comments: