Just have to share the good news I got last week: I won the holiday challenge I was participating in over on my sister's
health blog! I was able to really keep my junk food intake under control over the holidays because of her challenge. I really tried to just stop making the junk. However, since the challenge is over, I made these really yummy, chocolate filled brownies the other day. They really took care of the chocolate craving I ws having. If I were you, I would make these when you are needing a treat to share with someone so that you don't have the urge to eat them all! Hope you enjoy! I also wanted to share 2 new sites I discovered that might help you with your creativity in the kitchen. They are
$5 Dollar Dinners and
Eat at Home. Eat at Home has weekly menus that she has written up and included a grocery shopping list with. Most of the recipes I have tried are great. $5 dollar dinners and great if you are looking to spend a little less on your main meal of the day. If you check them out, let me know what you think.

Ultimate Quadruple Chocolate Brownies
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
3/4 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9X13 pan. Combine butter, and unsweetened chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Add in sugar, eggs, and vanilla and stir until combined. Add in flour and salt and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pan and bake 25-30 min. Cool. **These were really great when they were still a little warm and the chocolate was still melted....yum!
Recipe source: Wilton's Brownie Fun magazine
2 comments:
These look SOOO good! And I can't wait to check out the $5 dinner site! Thanks for sharing all of your yummy recipes!
Congratulations! Rusty is trying to "turn over a new leaf" this year as well. He is eating better and exercising regularly- I'm doing my best to help him, or at least not too make it more difficult- I'll file the brownie recipe away for a time when he isn't home.
Post a Comment