As I was out shopping last week I saw these new marshmallows. Aren't they so cute? Little snowmen marshmallows! Love them! Anyway, I picked up a couple bags (I know the ingredient list isn't stellar but who cares?!) to have for Christmas morning hot chocolate. I saw a cute idea on
Real Mom Kitchen for a great hot chocolate bar. I think we will do it Christmas morning.

One other fun thing, our kids got their report cards right before Thanksgiving. When I was growing up, my parents always paid us for good report cards. I wanted to do something for the kids to show how much we appreciate their hard work at school but report cards have changed quite a bit since I was a kid and we didn't have tons of money hanging around. I thought it would be fun to have a fun dinner for them. We came up with "The After School Restaraunt" We did it as one of those surprise dinners, where you have a menu but it is all mixed up and you don't really know what you are getting. It was a super fun night made especially great by may fabulous husband who was the waiter, Alfredo. He really had the kids laughing as he made sure they used their napkins before they became slobs. Anyway, the kids have talked about it tons since then and are looking forward to that being their report card reward. I thought I would share our menu with you so you could maybe plan to have one too! See if you can guess what the items are...I'll tell you down below.
Sodium Chloride Crystals, Tines on a handle, stir stick, lard substitue, cowboy's home, cayenne red or black, golden crescent, smashed tubers, pink, Hx2+O+sugar, Liquid turned Solid, Mini Deciduous, tally marks, Wisconsin Squares, Carnivore's Snack. We tried to come up with things they have been learning about or were relevant to school. The kids each ordered 3 things from the menu at a time until they had ordered everything at least once. It was very funny to hear them trying to guess what was what.
So here is what they really got to eat:
salt, fork, toothpick, butter, ranch dressing, papper, rolls, combo mashed potato/sweet potato, a pink jello salad, Kool-aid, broccoli, carrot sticks, cheese squares, and meatballs.
1 comment:
how fun you are so creative. I know your kids just love you!
Post a Comment