Okay, so I didn't totally forget about you today! Just a little slow getting things posted. I figured I needed to get my Christmas shopping done this morning as it is getting a little too close to crunch time for me. I am pretty much done except for a few items I can't find anywhere! I guess that is what I get for not buying them when I saw them and thought "I should buy these for the kids" and then walking away. Anyway, I know this is a crazy time for everyone and so I thought I would share a great meal that can be quick and easy. I usually make my own meatballs but you can used the prepackaged ones for an even quicker meal. Pair this up with a green salad and you have one tasty dinner, without going to subway to get it!

Meatball Subs
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup oats
1 egg
2-3 Tablespoons dried onions
(or 1/4 cup chopped onion)
salt and pepper
1 package good hoagie rolls
1 jar marinara sauce
Sliced mozarella or provolone cheese
Mix the ground beef with oats, onions, egg, salt and pepper. Roll into meatballs and place in 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 for 15-20 min. Warm the marinara sauce and add meatballs. Split rolls and put cheese on one side, place on baking sheet. Spoon 3-4 meatballs on the other side along with a little sauce. Set your oven to broil and place baking sheet in oven until cheese is melted. *For the kids sandwhiches, I usually cut the meatballs in half. That way they don't pop out as much.
1 comment:
I was not sure if you got my email, so I thought I would drop a quick note. They were yummy and came just fine. I don't know how detailed you were wanting it, but the choco. were not in the little wrappers when I got it. the wrappers where just sitting in a pile on top of them. Good luck. Thanks.
Post a Comment