Considering my last post was all about how we are trying to eat more healthy, today's post obviously does not fit into the picture. But I guess every now and then we all need a really yummy treat. This recipe is for one of my favorite cookies. I started making these in high school and I got the recipe out of the Crazy About Chocolate cookbook. I don't usually put the chocolate frosting on top because they are just as yummy without it.
Rolo Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beated
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 (9 oz) pakage Rolo candies
1 Tblsp sugar
1 cup vanilla or chocolate candy coating
Cream butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar in mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Mix flour, cocoa, and baking soda together, stir into creamed mixture. Chill dough for 1 hour. Divide dough into 4 portions, then divide into 12 balls each. Press 1 unwrapped rolo into each ball, shaping to enclose completely (make sure the whole candy is covered because they will leak out when cooking if they are completely covered). Roll balls in remaining sugar and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 min. Cool. If wanted, melt the candy coating and drizzle over cookies. These are great still warm or cooled completely...the carmel inside just tastes gooey or chewy. Hope you enjoy them!





1 comment:
ah yes, I remember you making those for Mike and me trying to snag a taste!
Post a Comment