Before:
Friday, September 25, 2009
Finished Project
Michael and I's first purchase together, more than 10 years ago, was this dining table. Nothing super fancy but it has met our needs and has survived several moves. We purchased 6 chairs to go with it but since we now have 7 people in our family, we were needing to do something. We went table shopping but they were just more than we were willing to spend but it made me realize how outdated our table is. We looked for benches to add an extra seat but they were more than we wanted to pay as well. I was able to get a bench early this spring for $10 from Craigslist. I then got the brilliant idea, after looking at my friend Melissa's blog, that we should refinish our table as well. Our tables were very similar and her's turned out looking so nice. So, after many hours (we even got into months) in the garage here is what the transformation looks like. The color of the table in the after is not totally true, it is much darker. It looks much better in real life. I am totally happy with the outcome and can now survive many more years with this nice little table. Many thanks to my hard working hubby, who really did do most of the work.
Before:
Before:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Nice work guys. I meant to ask if you had redone it a few weeks ago and now I know. :) it looks good! Hey are your kids off Monday? Isaac would like to play with Bronson. Let me know.
That looks really nice, good work Mike.
Great job!! And what a job it is! I love the cherryness of the color--that's what I was hoping ours would turn out like! Did you paint the chairs too? Luckily, our chairs were broken (and unfixable) so we had to buy new ones!:) I like that bench--definitely can fit more kid bodies on it! Awesome job! I'm off to make a grocery list of all these yummy recipes you've been posting!:)
hey the finished project looks like my table and chairs! very cool! what did you do without a table for a month?
Post a Comment