Today's recipe is for my favorite banana bread and it comes from my mother in law. I think everyone has one that is their favorite but it is fun to change it up sometimes. We are not really big ans of nuts in bread, but if you like them you could go ahead and add them with the dry ingredients. I love the cinnamon in this bread. I recently took this for cub scout snacks and both loaves were gone in about 3 min. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Brenda's Banana Bread
Sift together:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
In another bowl, mix:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
2 cups mashed bananas (5-6)
3 eggs, beaten
Add dry ingredients to wet ones and mix well. Pour into greased loaf pans and let stand 20 min. (no idea why). Bake at 350 for 50-60 min, depending on pan size
2 comments:
still making this one...and LOVE it!
This one has been my #1 banana bread for a long time! I think the secret is all the bananas in it. It seems like other recipes only call for 2-3. I also love the cinnamon in it! my kids like them in mini muffin form too.
Post a Comment