I have been thinking recently about choices I make everyday and how each of those choices affects my home, my children, my relationships. As a general rule, I try to do things that are good...I try to work around my home so it is a nice place to be, feed my family homemade meals, spend time with my children, etc. However, I did notice that while doing these things there were choices that I could make differently. The things I was doing were good, but they were not the BEST thing. I have been reading a book titled "A Woman After God's Own Heart". The author gives an example of some situations like this. She recalls the time she spent traveling in her car. She started out listening to some easy listening radio stations. Then she decided that it would be better to maybe listen to a christian radio station. Then she went to listening a a reading of the Bible, and finally to some quiet time pondering. This made me realize that I want to make better choices that will allow me to put the Lord first in more areas of my life. I have made some of these changes and have noticed a big difference. Some of these choices have been hard, since it meant giving up something good and that I love, but there is something that is so much better.
I'm sooo grateful for my many blessings and the way in which the Lord helps me to see and grow!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment