We decided to forgo staying up all night for New Year's Eve...mostly because I am rotten when I stay up too late! And because the kids don't really care. However, we did start a new tradition. We got up early and went to Valley Forge Park to watch the sun come up. While we were sitting there, we discussed our family goals for the upcoming year: to finish reading the rest of the Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price, and read the Book of Mormon; to do at least 4 family service projects this year.
For the last 2-3 months, we have been doing a much better job reading scriptures as a family. For Mike's birthday my parents gave him a great book with ideas for service projects. We are starting out by joining an interfaith hospitality network where we will help provide meals and help for less fortunate individuals.
I can't believe that it is already a new year! This past one has been so full and busy and I am sure the new year will be no different. I am excited for what lies in store.
Hopefully later tonight I will get some pictures up from Christmas...it has taken so long because I have been keeping my eye on a cute little puppy that we got for Christmas. She is doing really well, just trying to chew on all the kids toys!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment