Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Today's recipes are in honor of my sister who just had a baby and called to say that she has missed my tasteful tuesday's because she always made what I posted that day. (Congrats Keri!) Since she will be short on time and energy, I am sharing 2 recipes that come together quickly with minimal ingredients and prep time. The Caramelized Beef Skewers are so yummy and who doesn't like eating their food on a stick?! The Sausage Chili is a new one to me and I won a prize at our recent chili cook-off for it. I think it is one of my husband's new favorites. I also posted a new pumpkin favorite that would be FANTASTIC for Thanksgiving on the recipe blog.
Caramelized Beef Skewers

1 lb steak, cut into strips (I usually use a london broil and cut it thin)
1/4 cup A1 sauce
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard
Marinate meat in 2 Tablespoons A1 sauce for 10 minutes or up to 24 hours. (I usually marintae it for 2-3 hours) Combine the rest of the A1 sauce with the barbeque sauce and mustard. Thread onto skewers and cook on grill for about 6 minutes, turning after 3 minutes. Serve immediately
Recipe Source:
Kraft Foods

Chicken Sausage Chili

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1 onion, chopped
1 cup barbeque sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon mustard
1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 ring chicken/turkey sausage (not the links, the big thick sausage rings)
Put all in crock pot and heat all day on low or 2-3 hours on high. Before serving, cut sausage into pieces. Serve with your favorite cornbread.

Recipe source:

Betty Crocker Weight loss for Families

No comments: