Wednesday, November 10, 2010
An Experiment in....
Food Storage! Why? because eons ago, when my husband and I first got married, we did our best to be prepared. This goes in cycles for us. Sometimes we are really gun ho about making sure we buy extra and other times I am not so good and we have the basics like wheat in storage but nothing else. Back to the beginning, when we were gun ho we bought several cases from the cannery and have hauled them around to our various homes around the country. However, we failed to actually use the stuff. My husband finally made me go down there and figure out what we had and how long it had been there (this is obviously a gun ho time). What I found was an exercise in frustration: out of the 6-8 boxes we had, only 2 were things that could be stored for more than a few years. The other boxes were full of things that we need to use NOW! So, this month we are busy using up that stuff...I have my TVP cooking right now to be made into chicken tacos. I'll let you know how things taste and hopefully we don't all die! Just kidding, most of the stuff isn't that old. However, I am interested to see how the kids respond to this TVP stuff, it looks interesting. Have you seen this food storage website, www.everydayfoodstorage.net ? I made the magic mix yesterday and it turned out some yummy pudding for the kids after school snack. If you have great suggestions of what you do to keep your food storage up to date let me know...I obviously need some good tips!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment