Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

I finally have a few minutes to sit here and get this posted. I have been scrambling, trying to get the house ready for all our company coming tonight! Yesterday was Ainslee and Kaitlyn's 8th birthday! So my post for today is from the cake I made for them. It was my first time using fondant to cover the entire cake. I think it turned out pretty well. But, the recipe I want to share with you is what I used for the filling. You can also use it to frost cakes but it doesn't work well for decorating cakes. If you are just making cake for a yummy treat, this is the frosting to use! Or you can do what I did and use it for the filling of your cake. It is sooo yummy and you make it into almost any flavor you want. I might just go make some more to put on graham crackers for a snack!


Best, Easy Frosting

1 pkg. favorite instant pudding
1 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
1 (8oz) tub cool whip
Mix pudding, milk, and powdered sugar, if using, until well blended. Stir in cool whip and refrigerate for a few minutes, until set up. Spread on cake, graham crackers, etc.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

that cake looks perfect! any ideas for a Lemon Birthday Themed cake?