So I am a little late getting this up but it is still Tuesday! I also have to apologize because I do have a picture but the camera is dead so when I get it retrieved I will get it on here. Today's recipe is one my good husband reminded me of a couple weeks ago. I had made it many years ago after we had it at a restaraunt and haven't made it again. Boy have we been missing out! I have made these sandwhiches twice in the last week. The first time, I didn't make them for the kids because I wasn't sure they would like them. They practically ate my whole sandwhich and were drooling for more. So, even though the ingredient list is a little odd, try them out!
Monte Cristo Sandwhiches
Bread Slices (for as many sandwhiches as you want to make)
Mayonaise and Mustard (you can use regular or Dijon)
Ham slices
Turkey Slices
Swiss cheese slices (you need enough to put on both slices of bread)
3-5 eggs (depending on how many you are making)
Milk
Powdered Sugar
Strawberry Jam
Open your bread slices and cover each with small amount of mayo and mustard (yes, you want it on both peices of bread). Then top with swiss cheese. Put 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of turkey and then top with the other piece of bread (the layers should be: bread, mayo, mustard, cheese, ham, turkey, cheese, mustard, mayo, bread). Mix the eggs and milk like you are making french toast. Dip each sandwhich into the egg mixture and heat on griddle until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with a side of strawberry jam. The jam really is good on the sandwhich.
Monte Cristo Sandwhiches
Bread Slices (for as many sandwhiches as you want to make)
Mayonaise and Mustard (you can use regular or Dijon)
Ham slices
Turkey Slices
Swiss cheese slices (you need enough to put on both slices of bread)
3-5 eggs (depending on how many you are making)
Milk
Powdered Sugar
Strawberry Jam
Open your bread slices and cover each with small amount of mayo and mustard (yes, you want it on both peices of bread). Then top with swiss cheese. Put 2 slices of ham and 2 slices of turkey and then top with the other piece of bread (the layers should be: bread, mayo, mustard, cheese, ham, turkey, cheese, mustard, mayo, bread). Mix the eggs and milk like you are making french toast. Dip each sandwhich into the egg mixture and heat on griddle until golden brown and cheese is melted. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with a side of strawberry jam. The jam really is good on the sandwhich.





1 comment:
that looks like my kind of sandwich. I love meaty fruit combos and of course cheese!
Post a Comment