Sunday, February 28, 2010
Here's the Thing
...about having 5 children and a broken leg: Doctors seem to think that you will be able to sit around on the couch and eat bonbons while your leg heals. YEAH RIGHT! They say the same thing when you have another baby: don't go up stairs, don't pick up anything heavier than your baby, etc. Do they think that kids get taken care of by themselves? Or that you don't have 500 piles of laundry sitting waiting to be washed? Or maybe you don't have a sink full of dishes to wash at least 3 times a day. I don't know. What I do know is: I am definately NOT sitting on the couch eating bonbons while my leg heals. Don't get me wrong...my hubby has been fantastic and really is doing much of the work around here but he still has to go to work. The kids have also stepped it up and are helping out a lot. However, I do not consider it help when they leave their toys laying in albeit conspicuous places for me to trip over and possibly break my other leg! Anyway, lots of thanks to the good man running the show because I really would have to do a lot more than I am if he wasn't around. And, thanks to the doctors for providing me with a removable cast so I can at least take a shower!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I wish I were there to help and toss a load of laundry in for you! Do you have good visiting teachers that might help a bit--because you deserve it and need it. As often as I know you are helping others, I think now is a good time to get some help in return. You'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery!
CALL ME Deanna! I've got 3 munchkins we can put to work;)!
dude sorry! i just couldn't imagine and don't even want to. wish i could be there to help out
Post a Comment