Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tasteful Tuesday...and a Give Away!

Today I am sharing one of those 3 ingredient, put it in the oven and dinner is ready recipes. Gotta love those kinds. I got the recipe from one of my family cookbooks and it is a staple at our house. Sorry the picture is not the best. I am also doing my first ever GIVE AWAY! In a few weeks I am teaching a truffle making class at church. I am going to teach how to make a real ganache filling as well as a quick, cheater version. I cannot decide what flavor of each to make, which is where the give away comes in. You get to vote for which flavor I will be making. The prize, which will be randomly drawn from a hat, is a box of four truffles (2 of each kind). If you would like to particpate, please vote for 1 ganache filling flavor, and 1 cheater version flavor (choices are below the picture). Please leave me a way to contact you. Just to be clear, the winner will also be my shipping guinea pig. I have several orders for christmas chocolates and I have never actually shipped them before. So the winner will be obligated to let me know how the truffles arrive (whether they are still in place and how they taste).
Ganache fillings:
Mint, Raspberry, English Toffee
Cheaters:
Oreo, Choc. Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter
Vote now! Voting ends Sunday, November 8 at 12 midnight EST





Apricot Chicken


Enough boneless, skinless chicken to fill up a 9X13 (I usually just put mine in frozen)

1 (8oz) bottle French dressing *

1 (10 oz) jar apricot jam

1 pkg dry onion soup mix


Place your chicken in pan. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken, turning to coat. Bake, uncovered at 325 for 1 1/2 hrs. Turn twice during cooking. Serve over rice. Very YUM!

*To make your own dressing (which is what I usually do) follow this recipe.

1 cup oil (last time I used less and it worked just as well...maybe 3/4 c)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup ketchup
black pepper
1/2 cup vinegar

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your tasteful tuesdays. they often help me decide what I'm making for dinner!!

My votes:

english toffee (real)

peanut butter (cheater)

Alesha said...

I would totally have to vote for the raspberry and oreo.
Hope things are going good with you way out there.

Kelly said...

I vote English Toffee and Cookie Dough...Hope you get to practice on me!

Kelly said...

and, by the way, those look beautiful!

Ryan and Sarah's Family said...

Do we just leve a comment to vote? I vote for the raspberry! I love you tasteful tuesdays. You always have such good yet simple receipts. Thanks :)

The Smith Family said...

Ok, my vote is the oreo (ever since you gave me some of these, I make them every year. YUM!) and raspberry. They look so pretty!

Eli, Trieste, and The Gals said...

Deanna, you seriously need to try out for "The Next Iron Chef!" Wow woman! you are an amazing cook. You are so talented. Or at least you should write your own cookbook!

LeeAnn and Boys said...

looks like i missed your tasty giveaway but I would like to tell the world that your truffles were as good as the ones made in France!