I have only one thing to say: Go. Go make this right now. Seriously. It was that good. I have never been to IHOP and so have never had their stuffed french toast. When I saw this recipe on Real Mom Kitchen I really wanted to try it. I have been dreaming of it since I made it for breakfast the other day. The kids wanted me to make it again that day for dinner. So here is the recipe.
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 Tblsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
4 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 Tblsp milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tblsp orange juice
3/4 cup pureed strawberries
12 slices bread, I used Texas Toast
Start by combining the maple syrup, orange juice, and pureed strawberries in a saucepan. Over medium heat cook until it thickens slightly. Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together. Spread evenly onto the 12 peices of bread. Top 6 slices of bread with the 1/2 cup sliced strawberries and top with remaining slices of bread, keeping the strawberries and cheese in the middle. Beat the eggs and milk together and dip the "sandwhiches" in the mixture, coating well. Cook on a hot griddle. When fully cooked, sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with strawberry syrup. YUM!
What are you doing? Go make this now!





3 comments:
Yum. This looks so yummy! Thanks for all these fun recipes! It's always better to get recipes from someone you know has tried them out!:)
I'm going to try making this with Challah bread...which I think makes the best french toast. We're having guests next week and this will be the perfect breakfast!
That looks and sounds sooo good!
Post a Comment