Chicken Oriental
2 lbs. chicken, cubed
2 Tblsp. oil
1 pkg. brown gravy mix
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. honey
3 Tblsp. soy sauce
2Tblsp. vinegar
1/2 t. garlic salt
4 carrots, thinly sliced
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1 green bell pepper, cut into bite size peices
Brown meat in oil in large skillet, stirring frequently, for 15 min. Combine gravy mix, water, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic salt. Add to skillet, cover and cook 20 min., stirring occasionaly. Add carrots and cook 10 min. Add onion and pepper, cook 5-10 min more. Serve over rice.
As a side note: All the recipes I post feed my family of 7, unless otherwise noted. However, with my growing kids, we are going to have to start doubling the recipes. I also like to use a mixture of white and brown rice...that way my kids will eat it but it is a little better nutrionally.





1 comment:
I love the weekly recipe posts, keep them coming!
Post a Comment