Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Morning

The kids NEVER wake up early enough for dad. This year Drew was ready and set his alarm for 8:30. I thought it was great...Dad convinced him to borrow his alarm clock and set it for 6am. When the alarm went off, it woke me up but all the kids slept through it! Dad just couldn't stand it and tried several times to wake them up with his cell phone alarm. Finally at 6:30 he kicked me out of bed to go see what was going on (the kids are supposed to come drag him out of bed so he couldn't do it himself). When I went up, Kaitlyn was awake but just laying there. I told her to start yelling that it was Christmas to all the other kids and within 5 min they were down trying to push dad out of bed. Then they had to wait behind the sheet for dad to check if Santa had really come. He sure did! He left plenty of stuff including some pink, peppermint milk from rudolph. I personally think something is wrong with Rudolph....last year he gave us milk that tasted like chocolate eggnog and this year it was pink? What a fun morning!





















1 comment:

aquabatgirl said...

ok too funny. you (well mike) is probably the only parent in the world who actually wants their kids to wake up early. what a great christmas, i love the sheet idea (though growing up that would have never worked for my house you would have had to sheet the whole upstairs