
So, the rest of Sept. sort of flew by. We were busy getting used to school, starting cub scouts, adjusting to being in the Primary Pres. (which I have never been in primary, amazing, I know) and going on this fun trip to Washington DC. We are in the DC temple district (exciting to be getting one here in Philly!) which is about 2 1/2 hrs away. Since we wanted to go to the temple we figured we should make a family trip out of it. Mike went a morning session while the kids and I swam at the hotel. Then we headed out for the day to see the sights. We didn't get to much because the kids got tired of walking but we got to see the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Memorial and the Museum of natural history with the dinosaur bones (the kids loved it). Then we headed back to the hotel for more swimming so I could go to a session. The temple is so beautiful! The we got up and went to the National Zoo (which is definately not as good as the Omaha Zoo but it is free. Then we went to the Temple visitor's center and headed home. What a great trip!

2 comments:
oooo-sounds like a great trip. I remember trecking around DC totally prego and tired of all the walking too!
What a fun trip! Fun that you're so close to so much cool stuff in DC. What a neat thing for the kids to experience! I thought of you at conference when the prophet said a new temple will be built there. That's so exciting! I'm wondering about the "greater Kansas City area" one...wondering where they're going to put it!
Post a Comment