My wonderful husband called the other night on his way home from work (which was after the kids all went to bed, again...sigh) and asked me to set the table nicely. I was in the basement when he got home and he banned me from coming up. When I was finally allowed up I found this lovely site! There were pedals strewn on the floor and a great dinner and movie with cheesecake for dessert. YUM! It was really great to spend some time together since it is few and far between these days. Isn't he the best? So now for Hubby Tag (thanks Holly:))
Where did you first meet your husband?
We met at church when his family moved into our ward in 1994. I thought he was pretty stuck up since he never talked to anyone....leave it to me to think stuck up before shy! But our actual first meeting as in introducing ourselves was at my cousins swim party.
What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I totally cannot remember so I asked him and he wasn't any help since he can't remember either...it was obviously something REALLY impressive!
Where was your first date?
Our first date was for the Sweethearts dance and we went to a resturaunt in Boise...can't remember off the top of my head (and I don't think it is there now) but I know we both ordered salads that were really yummy and then we headed to the dance until the stroke of midnight.
Where was your first kiss?
At a school dance. I guess he had been trying for a while but finally had to just ask if he could kiss me. Yep, I was pretty clueless about all that stuff in the old days. I think I could feel that kiss for a whole week though!
Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Does long include the years in high school and during a mission? If so, it was definately long...about 5 years. If not, it was pretty short. He came home from his mission in Jan., proposed in Feb., and we were married in May 1999.
Where did you get engaged?
In the same spot that he asked me if I would "go out" with him...In front of the Stake Center (by the sign for those who know the building!) My ring wasn't there (long story) so he propsed again at the Idaho Falls Temple when he had it.
Where did you get married?
Boise Idaho Temple
How did the reception go?
It was exactly what I wanted. Although it always makes for a really long day to have the reception the same day you are married. We had it at my mom and dad's house, it was pretty casual but lots of fun to have so many friends and family there. Mike and his parents sang some songs that were beautiful and my cousin Megan provided the entertainment! (You'll have to ask her!)
How was the Honeymoon?
It was great! We stayed the first night in Boise at the Anniversary Inn, then opened presents and attended my sisters graduation the next day. Then we drove to Salt Lake to catch a flight to CA to get on a cruise to Mexico. We had a fabulous time and I am waiting until we can do it again!





1 comment:
Cute story, thanks for playing tag!
Post a Comment