Monday, October 10, 2011
First Race
I come from a family of runner's. All my siblings ran in high school and my dad has done lots of races. Me...I pretty much HATED running until the last few months. I finally decided that I wanted to be able to say that I had run a race in my life. Before I went home for the summer, I started training and signed up for a race. I decided to do a 5k that raises money for the Chron's and Colitis foundation. (Many of you know that Mike suffered from Ulcerative Colitis for many years) My only goal was to run the entire thing. I had lots of training help when I was home from my dad, sisters and even a cousin (THANKS guys!) and got up to running 4 1/2 miles. I ran the race in Ocean City the week we got home from Idaho and then we spent the day playing on the beach. I was able to run the whole race and wasn't even the last person! It felt great to accomplish my goal and I have enjoyed running since. I haven't been running as far (pushing a kid in a jogging stroller is so much harder!) but am still doing it. Anyone want to join me in signing up for another race?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I'm so impressed, Deanna! Looks like a fun summer, and a great race. I hear you are still running with Kelly. You are awesome!
very cool! what a great lesson to teach your kids as you trained for that race. you look fabulous, btw!
Way to go ! I've been dragging myself out of bed the past few weeks trying to like running again. I think it is more likeable going downhill! I'm signed up for a half marathon the first week in Nov. Thanks for keeping me moving this summer!
Post a Comment