Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Is it at all possible to get a good picture of soup? I know I have camera problems but really. I have tons of zuchinni coming up in my garden so I have been looking for good recipes that are different from the normal. I tried an amazing chocolate zuchinni bread, a good zuchinni flat bread and this soup. I will have to get the other recipes posted before the zuchinni is gone. However, this recipe fits right in with my deisre to cook light and healthy. It was delicious! Take a look at my recipe blog for our latest treat recipe (s'more bars!)
Zuchinni Soup

1 Cup chopped onions
1 Tablespoon butter
3-6 cups chopped zuchinni
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
chopped bacon (optional)
Melt butter in large pot. Add onions and cook until tender. Add zuchinni and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until zuchinni is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Let cool slightly and pour into blender. Blend until smooth. Return to pot and add milk. Heat through, but do not boil. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and bacon.

Recipe source: Sister's Cafe

My notes:

I served this without the garnishes and it was wonderful. I did have a hard time getting the kids to eat it....I didn't come up with a cool name for it. I thought it was fantastic! I also used about 4 cups chopped zuchinni.

No comments: