Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

We recently had another one of our "restaurant" nights for the kids good grades. This time we went with a tropical theme. I tried a few new recipes from Our Best Bites. They were super yummy. I will share the rice I made here and post the others my recipe blog. This rice was surprisingly good. I especially loved the pineapple in it. I think you could serve it with any asian type recipes you have. I served it with some mango-chicken kebabs, fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, and key lime pie.
Lime-Cilantro Rice

1 cup dry rice (cooked in 2 cups water with a little salt, according to directions)

2 Tablespoons butter

Juice from 1 lime

1 small can crushed pineapple, drained

1/2 cup chopped cilantro

Cook rice according to directions. Stir in butter. If serving immediately, stir in the lime, pineapple, and cilantro. If it will be a while before you serve, stir in the butter and cover to keep warm. Stir in remaining ingredients right before serving.


My notes:

Just make this to taste. I put in a little more lime and a little less cilantro. The flavors will mellow the longer it sits so it is best to serve it up right away.

No comments: