Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Those of you who watched the news at all last week probably heard an earful of the weather on the east coast...how we were in the middle of a heat wave. I am NOT denying that it was hot, but when it is 106 in Idaho, does anyone hear about it? NO! Even though I live in the east, and I love it, I really think they are just a bunch of babies! Anyway, to help us cool down, I made some yummy cold drinks and popsicles. The first one I remember having (and LOVING) as a kid and the second was a new one I couldn't pass up trying. Both make a lot so get a group together and enjoy an evening treat.
Slush Punch

3-4 cups sugar

1 (46 oz) can pineapple juice

1 (12oz) can lemonade

6 cups water

2 (12 oz) can orange juice

2 bananas, mashed

Boil water and sugar; let cool. Add rest of ingredients and pour into a large container; freeze.

Fill glass 3/4 full with slush and top with 7-up or sprite...or just eat it plain like ice cream. YUM!

**This makes a TON! So make sure you have someone to share it with.

Watermelon Popsicles


2 cups watermelon, cubed and seeded


1 pint fresh strawberries, halved


1/3 cup sugar


1/3 cup lemon juice


2-4 cups ice


Put all in blender and blend, blend, blend. Make sure there aren't any big pieces of ice left. You can then enjoy this as a slushie or put it into popsicle molds and freeze. We actually enjoyed them better as popsicles.




Recipe Source: Our Best Bites

1 comment:

LeeAnn and Boys said...

have you make fudgecicles? You add an extra cup of milk to chocolate pudding! We loved these last summer--but now our non-dairy Isaac has a back to regular old popcicles.
I'm planning on making dutch oven BBQ chicken for our camping tip!!!