Now that spring is finally making it's way here, I am in the mood for light, easy meals that don't require tons of time or heating up my kitchen. This salad is one of my favorites. We had it for dinner last night and it reminded me that I think I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life and still love it. I got the recipe from my good friend Ame and even though I don't talk to her often, I remember our fun times together when I make this. My kids love this and if my husband isn't home around dinner time then I usually have to grab him a bowl before it is all gone. Hope you enjoy this one of these gorgeous spring days!

Chicken Pasta and Fruit Salad
8-12 oz pasta (I like bow-ties best) cooked
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 (20oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup red grapes, cut in half
4 oz craisens (optional)
3-4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup miracle whip dressing
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
Mix mayo, yogurt, onion, miracle whip, sugar, and vinegar in large bowl. Add rest of ingredients and stir well. Chill in refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
2 comments:
I'm excited to try this. Ryan will just have to pick out everything besides the noodles and chicken he he. Hey I saw that Quaker makes a breakfast cookie. I haven't tried them but was wondering if you have any comparable cookie ideas? Hopefully it's loaded with good for you stuff and good tasting stuff!
I am so making this- I have all the ingredients and it looks yummy! Thanks for sharing
Post a Comment