Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Today's recipe is one that is quick and easy and one that I usually have most of the ingredients for. If I don't have the bread, it takes a bit longer to make my own but it still turns out great. We had this last night as we were rushing off to baseball and I had no idea what I had on hand for dinner. It was tastey and filling. I used some left over turkey I had in the fridge and it worked just as well as chicken. You can even make this with the cans of canned chicken if you are really in a hurry. Serve it up with some salad and fruit and you are good to go. Chicken Pizza Sandwhich
1 loaf French Bread
1/2 cup maynaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (or turkey)
2 cups shredded cheese
2 chopped green onions
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Parsley flakes

Mix all ingredients, except bread together. Cut bread in half length-wise and spread chicken mixture over evenly. Bake in oven at 350 for 15-20 min or until cheese is hot and bubbly.

No comments: