Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Here is the promised cornbread recipe. It took me half a lifetime to find a cornbread recipe that I like. To me, most cornbread is dry and not tastey. This however, is moist, sweet and delicious! Now, it is probably not the most healthy cornbread around but everyone I have shared it with loves it. I even won an award at our ward chili cook-off. So, a BIG thanks to my good friend Sarah for sharing it with me....my life hasn't been the same since!
Omaha Cornbread

3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cups bisquick
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Mix all together and pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. This is much better cool.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

ooo-back to the store (i just came from)...this would be great with my chili tonight!