Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tasteful Tuesday

Today's recipe is one of the most simple things I have thrown together in a long time. Sometime I get so excited about trying new recipes that I forget I still have places to be and a house to clean. This created minimal mess and came together quick! It is Southwest Chicken in the crockpot.Here is the how-to:
Take a small bag of frozen corn and dump it at the bottom of the crockpot. Put 2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts on top of the corn. Pour on a bottle of MEDIUM salsa, and a can of drained black beans. Cook on high for 1 hour and on low for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and then serve over tortilla chips with, shredded cheese, sour cream, avacado, and whatever else serves your fancy. Ainslee said this was "too good for words!" AHHH, heaven to a mother's ears.
Recipe Source: Sister's Cafe
My Notes:
As noted on the recipe I got this from, use Medium salsa. It doesn't make this hot at all but gives it perfect flavor. We loved it with the tortilla chips but you could probably also serve this in a tortilla. This made a perfect size pot for our family, with enough left over for Mike and I to have some for lunch the next day.



3 comments:

Kelly said...

now we're talking! My kind of meal!

Alesha said...

That sounds like a recipe that our family have and love, however we cook one of those Uncle Bens 90 sec. spanish rice (little pack that cooks in the microwave) and add that in and about 2 TBSP of Taco Seasons. It just adds a little more flavor and filling with putting it in the shells. I will have to try it your way next. I hope things are going good for you and your family over there.

Holly said...

Sounds like an easy, tasty meal! I'm deffinitley going to try this one, thanks for sharing!