Friday, February 26, 2010

Birthday Cake

Luckily, I had just finished working on the birthday cake before I left to go break my leg. I always have lots of fun making the kids birthday cakes and this one was super fun and Bronson was able to help in lots of ways. I found the directions on Family Fun but will give you the basics below.









I made 2 round cakes for the base. Then I made 12 cupcakes and baked the left over batter in a bread pan. 3 cupcakes made up the silo and I used the cake in the bread pan to make the barn. I used the pull and peel licorice to cover the barn and silo with chex cereal for the roof. For the little animals, I used Chocolate chips for the eyes, starburst candy for the ears, halved big marshmallows for the noses. For the chicks, I colored the coconut and used orange and lemon slices (candy) for the beak and wings. For the cows spots I just melted some chocolate chips and spread it on.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

could you just fly over and make this one for Layla too? She LOVES animals and would just go crazy over this cake...I'm a little scared to try. But maybe with you on the phone "holding my hand" I can do it?

Kelly said...

ooo-i even love the pond...a good excuse to buy sweedish fish..i love them :)

LeeAnn and Boys said...

super cute cake. I didn't look like you even pulled out your deco tips for this one. Hope Camden gets his birthday wish!