Sunday, October 12, 2008

Funny Ramblings

Today was quite an adventure! Mike was on call so it was just me (like always) with the kids. Church went great and they were really good. We got home and I sat down to feed Camden and thought, "I'm so tired. I can sleep for 20 min. The kids can't destroy the house completely in 20 min." While they didn't destroy the house plenty happened. Supposedly Bronson was hammering nails into the walls (maybe he doesn't like where I have the pictures hung?) and Ainslee came down to tell on him. (Which I have no recollection of) Bronson either thought he was going to get in trouble or he was mad at Ainslee for telling on him and so he decided to run away. He gathered up his stuff, which consisted of his newly picked pumpkin and headed out. The kids came to get me and I got up and went to look. I watched him head up the sidewalk but figured he would go to the corner and come back. Drew decided I wasn't doing enough about it and went chasing after him. That either made Bronson more mad or just run because he was being chased. When it had been a few minutes and none of them came back I got my shoes on and headed out. I found them completely around the block with Bronson screaming "I'm never coming back!" I sent the older kids home and picked Bronson up screaming. Then I remembered that a few months ago Mike had made the kids promise that if they ever wanted to run away it would be fine but they had to talk to him first(apparantly we have had this issue before!). I promptly told Bronson that it was fine if he wanted to run away but he had to keep his promise to Dad and talk to him first. We got home, called dad and Bronson says "Dad, I broke my promise." He was pretty sad that he had broken his promise. Dad talked to him a while and he decided that he could stay at home. I think dad explained to him that there wasn't much he could take because it all belongs to him (dad) and that sure doesn't make running away fun! I sure am glad he decided to stay! Life would be awfully dull without our little Bronson around.

8 comments:

Holly said...

How funny! I remember 'running away' when I was little. I didn't get past the driveway.

Keri Hibbard said...

so funny! Do you remember the time Chad ran away? I remember mom saying it was fine and she didn't seem concerned in the least bit. I was so upset w/ her for not caring

Kelly said...

http://www.bakerella.blogspot.com/

check this out...I thought you'd like it

Eli, Trieste, and The Gals said...

that is absolutely hilarious (and a little sad at the same time.) what a sweetheart bronson is. it just makes you love him so much more. sounds like he wasn't messing around when he said he was leaving. that's pretty brave...and scary that he made around the other side of the block. i'm glad he decided to return home. he has a pretty awesome family. i love the family picture at the top of your blog. it's gorgeous! your kids are so dang cute. they are getting so big! and i must say, that is one impressive head of hair camden has on him! what fun!

Stacy Ellison said...

Oh i miss your cute little family! I'm glad i ran across you blog. that is so funny that he was going to run away! he seems like quite the little character!

Unknown said...

okay, i found you! I've wondered what you walkers are up to. I linked to it from Melissa Smith's blog. I hope you'll check my blog out, too! sarahlunt.blogspot.com
So glad to see you guys are doing great and with another kid, too!
love ya!

LeeAnn and Boys said...

Tell him that if he can hitch a ride to Poky he can live with us! My kids adore their cousins!

aquabatgirl said...

dude i am cracking up. glad you have a "talk to dad first before running away" policy lol