Sunday, August 24, 2008

Not an East Coast Girl








While I am enjoying the new adventure of living on the East Coast, I have decided I am NOT the kind of person that could live here forever. We drove into downtown Philly the other evening and I decided it should be a while before we venture to the big NYC. Philadelphia's city center is crazy enough for me! There are sooo many people and big tall buildings that really make me feel claustrophobic. I am also not so crazy about the need people have of ritzy, private, ivy leagueness. I am okay with sending my kids to public elementary schools and playing rec district sports. Anyway, there are several things that I really LOVE about living here: water-ice and cheesesteaks, and (I'm sure they have these elsewhere) freecycle groups! I recently discovered freecycle...basically recycling items instead of throwing them out or sending them to thrift stores. I was looking for a highchair for Camden and am too cheap to want to go out and just buy one. I just typed in what I was looking for and 5-6 people e-mailed telling me I could come pick it up. I got a great highchair in great condition for FREE! Can't get much better than that! So, if you aren't opposed to slightly used, check out yahoo groups for freecycle and see if there are any near you!



2 comments:

Ryan and Sarah's Family said...

Kamden is getting so big. What a cutie! I love freecycle too. My friend got a swing set and a trampoline for her kids last year from our freecycle in Salt Lake. I think it is a great idea!

Holly said...

I'll bet it's really different from living in a small town, I went to NY once and loved it but I don't think I could ever live there unless I really had to. Camden is so cute, I love all of is hair. My babies NEVER have hair. Your Camden has more hair than our Kamden and ours is over a year older!