Monday, November 26, 2007

A Thanksgiving Tradition

I got these pictures in backward order but you get the point. Our family has always had a pinata at Thanksgiving. This year it was our turn to produce the thing. I decided to get the kids involved in the process since they didn't have school for a week and it was a lot of fun and a big mess! I was suprised that it held up so well. It made it through the littler kids and got all the way through my cousin, who just returned from a mission. So yet again we came home with bags of candy (which are greatly inhibiting my ability to maintain a healthy weight!) and happy kids. We are grateful for family traditions!!









Mike got to be that guy who always makes it impossible to hit the pinata. He did a great job and it was lots of fun. Ainslee decided to be too much like her mother and relinquish her turn to hit. Why did I pass on all those unwanted genes?




2 comments:

Kelly said...

yeah for pics! glad the pinata tradition is holding up! I can't wait to do it for my kids :)

Keri Hibbard said...

Very cute pinata! You did a great job with it. I have always wondered why I was also shy at hitting the pinatat--I have to say it was a fear of missing and looking silly doing it.