I've been reading this really great book, A Joyful Mother of Children by Linda Eyre, that has really motivated me to get some things in my life under control. One of those things was getting the kids to get their jobs done so that we could all have more time to play. I talked to my sister Kelly and she wanted to see a picture of the job chart that has really been working well for us, so here it is. At the top it lists their jobs for each day (Drew has some he has to do in the morning and others to do after school). Each day has a pocket and in the pocket is something they get for doing their jobs that day, ie money, candy, a special toy, stickers etc. If they get all of their jobs done for the whole week there is an extra pocket with something in it. It could include a special time with mom or dad or something similar. Life has been much nicer since we have gotten this started. I thought I would change it for easter and use the plastic eggs to hold their reward.
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Okay, I'm seriously ready for the book. There are a few things that I can see as potential messy spots in my life...especially as my family grows (not implying anything) that I'd like to get a grip on now...and some ideas for the future. Thanks for posting your good idea! I'll get Maria started on her jobs right away :)
I think I will mail you the EB basket I made years ago in RS that always sat on the kitchen table during the Easter season. Yes, there were plastic eggs in it with "extra" jobs for the kids, plus a treat of some kind... sounds like it would come in handy at your place! ps. I think Mormon mothers invented job charts!
The Super nanny would be impressed!
Post a Comment